Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brownies.... and Black Beans??

In my effort to disguise healthy foods, I decided to try a recipe called "Black Bean Brownies." What could be wrong with some healthy, protein filled, fibrous black beans mixed with some chocolate. Sounds like a win-win... well at least it did to me. More like a win-lose. Win first because I thought I would win. Lose because they were so disgusting I couldn't get past the bean flavor.

To be fair, I have a very discerning palate, so it's not really surprising that I couldn't stand the taste. I mean, chocolate should always be sweet and delicious, in my opinion. You should always want to lick your fingers with delight mixed with ecstasy. I mean, am I wrong in this? Chocolate should be a treat!

I got the recipe from another mom's blog site and I had already tried one recipe that was a home run, so I figured what did I have to lose? The answer: my breakfast!







See for yourself. They look pretty good. Not the best looking brownies I've ever seen, but they still look pretty yummy. Well maybe they do to you. All I see is a pile of beans deceivingly dotted with chocolate morsels.... and there goes my gag reflex.

It's not a total loss though. Little D has had a really great time making "birthday candles" by sticking Popsicle sticks into the pan. Soon I'll throw out the disappointing recipe and the brown squared things that resulted from it, but for now I'll just stare at my boy having fun and feel that twisted pang of failure.

Maybe I'll just pick out the chocolate chips before I throw it out. I can't let the best part go to waste, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your two cents here. Have an idea for a post? Let me know. I welcome creative inspiration in all its forms.