Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big News!

We're moving!!

It's news I've been waiting to hear for so very long. We're moving because my husband got an amazing opportunity to get his master's degree and get paid for it. It's in Arkansas, and so now we are heading out of Boise, driving 2,000 miles to settle for the next two years in a small town in Arkansas. It's so big for us. It's big because it's a change that involves culture shock (for me) and climate shock for all of us. We're moving from the desert to the humid south, and the heat index has been in the high 90s for weeks.

This is a very big adventure for us, not just because of what we're going to do, or how far away it is. It's big because at the end of this adventure, things will be different for us. Dan will have 2 years of paid research experience and a master's degree, which will make him more employable. I'm so proud of him. He has worked so hard for our family and has not been rewarded for his efforts until now. He SO deserves this opportunity and I couldn't be happier that he finally has a reward for all his hard work... and the best part is, this reward will pay off again and again.

We are leaving a week from Saturday, which is really fast to say the least. The next few days will be filled with organizing and packing and visiting with friends and family. It's a bit of a blur right now, but soon we'll be in our new place and settling down, making new friends. It's going to be amazing. Probably the next post I have time to write will be from our new apartment, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your two cents here. Have an idea for a post? Let me know. I welcome creative inspiration in all its forms.